Friday, June 27, 2008

And Barbie demands custom invitations!

Barbie might look pleased in this picture, but don't be fooled by that painted on smile. She's not happy... she's actually very disappointed and... just about to settle for something she's not thrilled about.

Since early January 08, we have spent hours upon hours on the net looking at wedding invitations. I was more concerned about the wedding invitations than my dress... how sad is that?

I guess I knew I would find the perfect dress, but the perfect invitation... Is that like looking for the world peace or the Loch Ness monster? At this point, I think either would have been easier to find. I know I have personally looked at over 1,000 invitations without finding the perfect one.

At one point, I even thought I had found "it". Thank goodness, I had been given wise advise to purchase a sample especially if ordering online. I took the advise and ordered the sample.

Was I disappointed?? That's a big H-E-Double hockey stick YES! The $8 dollars I spent on the sample was oh oh so worth it. I just don't even know what I would have done if I had simply placed my order and spent hundreds on awful invitations! I would have been inconsolable. Heart broken.

Lindsay, my very wise in the wedding ways friend, has once again pointed me down the path of salvation!

Lemon Tree Paper! A Memphis company run by a charming lady named also named Lindsey. Yesterday, I sat down with Lindsey to discuss what I had envisioned my invitations would look like... Bless her heart, sometimes I don't make a whole lot of sense. But she got the picture! Stay tuned... but I think I found world peace! Keep your fingers crossed.

Check out her website... it's amazing! www.lemontreepaper.com

No comments: