Thursday, May 1, 2008

Advise from an Expert

Several years ago, Eric, a high school bud, moved in 7 house down the street from me. As all good neighbors do, we have a tendency to harass each other when yard work is being done.

A couple of weeks ago, I was driving by Eric's and noticed he was doing lots and lots of yard work. I couldn't help but stop and ask when he was going to start on my yard. During the conversation, I mentioned I had gotten engaged. After congrats were give, he offered his wife's help. Lindsay works for Southern Bride Magazine!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, needless to say, I took him up on his offer last week. Lindsay came over and we spent over 2 hours talking everything wedding. She was even sweet enough to bring over "reference" materials... more magazines! And some awesome hardcover books! (very expensive books)

After taking diligent notes, I felt better about where I was on planning the wedding! Her help and advise was definitely invaluable.

We discussed everything from Cakes to Limos, DJs to Dresses, Reception Menus to Flowers...

As one not to take advantage of others knowledge, I picked and picked her brain and her resources.

With her help, I have begun calling some of the remaining vendors I will need to contact to arrange their services.

http://www.southernbride.com/

No comments: