Sunday, May 18, 2008

Engagement Party - Handmade Invitations

Last week, I had my first experience with handmade invitations. Ms Tommie Hayes took the time to go supply shopping with me and to later sit down to demonstrate how the process works.

We visited Hobby Lobby! Now how I made it to my current age without ever being in a Hobby Lobby is beyond me. Love this store. We spent many minutes looking over all the various styles of scrap booking papers. They have hundreds of styles and colors. You will need to pick two - one will be the background with the second being the printed page.

Now it's time to select the ribbon which holds the two pieces together. You can use two if not three type of ribbon if you like. Then it's on to embellishments.

I think the whole process took approximately 4 hours (when you deduct all moments of ADD).

The invitations turned out to just be the cutest thing! Thanks to Ms Tommie Hayes!

I would have posted a picture, but Joseph has let someone borrow my camera and hasn't gotten it back yet...

Will post soon... If not, you will get on in the mail!

No comments: