Saturday, October 11, 2008

Invitations... what do you want to know?

When I started planning my wedding in January, I thought I would only have to worry about the wedding invitation! Oh no... there are other invitations you will need to consider if you chose to go a bit overboard! I do love getting invitations in the mail. Of course, I won't be receiving any of these invitations. Guess I love sending them as well.

Here is the list of invitations I have sent so far:

Engagement Party
Save The Date
Wedding Invitation
Rehearsal Dinner
Bridesmaid Luncheon

The Engagement Party invitations were hand made by one of my bridesmaid and myself. Very cute and easy to make. I would recommend making them for at least one of the events you will be hosting. They are especially nice if you party is small. Don't recommend making over 100!

The Save The Date cards were purchased at Target for a reasonable price. The were a bit plan so I added a piece of card stock in a complimentary color. I actually printed on the card stock instead of the actual invite. I tied the card stock to the invite with a cute ribbon! I got tons of feedback. Everyone loved them.

The Wedding Invitations were the hardest for me. I spent months online looking over hundreds of websites. I thought I had found the perfect invite and it was within my price range! How perfect, right? Thank goodness I had taken the advice of a friend and ordered a sample! It ended up being not what I wanted. I ended up spending a bit more, but getting exactly what I had envisioned! I had the invitation designed by a local stationer. If you can't find the perfect invite, look to small up and coming stationers for help. You might get a good deal!

The Rehearsal Dinner are the absolute cutest! Entitled "Extreme Pig", they are die cut invites. Die cut means the card (or part of the card) is a method for punching or cutting out any special shapes by using a metal form that is called a die. This invitation has a paper pig attached with a bow to the invite. Love it... Love it... Love it! The die cut invites are very very cute. I would have loved to use all die cut invites, but I think one is enough. They are truly special and not to be over done. (See Rehearsal Dinner invite posting)

The Bridesmaid luncheon invitation is again a mix of a pre-made invite with added details from me. I ordered this invitation online and printed it at home. I added a bow AND an envelope liner in a matching color. The envelope liner is an easy way to make if you have a paper cutter. Kinko's also has paper cutters along with a wide selection of colored card stock. The liner is a nice touch and can be cheap to do (a few cents an invite).
FAVORITE ONLINE STATIONER: www.paperstlye.com

No comments: