Saturday, October 11, 2008

Victorian Cake Charms

A Victorian Tradition, to make your wedding grand. In days of old, charms of luck and good fortune were placed into the wedding cake. The custom of "Ribbon Pulling" dates back to the Victorian England when the bride hid small charms attached to ribbons within the layers of her wedding cake. The tradition has made a "charming" comeback with recently and I couldn't help but include them in my wedding planning.

With the help of two of favorite friends, I will be hosting a Bridesmaid Luncheon to thank my Bridesmaids and the other wonderful females in my life that have helped me through this hectic time in my life. It is at the Bridesmaid luncheon I plan on having the cake charms inserted into the cake.
Prior to the cake cutting, everyone will gather around the cake. Each person will get the chance to pull a charm from the cake and find out what promises are in their future. Each charm has a special meaning. I plan on printing out the meanings of each charm on card stock and have them available for everyone. No matter which is chosen, the future does look bright! I hope this charming 'ribbon pulling' will add to the day's delights!! Did I mention they are just too adorable! Love them!



Heart (true love)
Ring (next engagement)
Four-leaf clover (good luck)
Flower (blossoming love)
Wishing well (a wish will come true)
Anchor (travel and adventure)

No comments: