Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Cadre I have a question

So after the disappointing news of membership required for Idlewild, I was hit yet again. I called the Cadre Building which is downtown at 2nd and Monroe.

This historic former bank in the heart of downtown has quickly become the hippest party spot in the city. With a grand ballroom that can accommodate 500, small rooms for privacy, and flexible policies for catering and décor, Cadre has it all.
What a great photo! What a fabulous place for the wedding reception! Live Band... Perfect!!!!
Especially given the Cadre has a nice size stage and large dance floor! Both very important.
I should have known I was in trouble when the very friendly and talkative sales rep continued to talk and talk about all the extra amenities - tables, chairs, linens, bar, security and etc.... See picture... Very, very nice!

After about 5 minutes on the phone, a pause was heard... I didn't speak; she didn't speak!
Should have known... The pink elephant was about to walk into the room!
Yes Ladies... The rental price for 4 hours on a Saturday night in October is...
drum roll please....
$6,000!
Oh, absolutely not!
Plan B! Oh, crap... Lost Plan B!
Anyone have a Plan C I could borrow?

No comments: