Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Clarification Needed on Tips List

I am sure when ABC's Good Morning America published the Tips List posted below and included the following tip:

"If you want to trim costs even more, download music onto an mp3 player and consider making copies of your wedding soundtrack or your favorite songs as a couple to give to your guests as favors."

They did not mean for individuals to illegally download music for use with an MP3 player. I am also sure that ABC's Good Morning America would be aware that making copies of a compilation as favors for your guests would require both a Master Use and Mechanical Licenses for the owners of the sound recordings and of the copyright song material.

Just in case, I have emailed Good Morning America to correct them. I am sure it was a small unintended oversight on their part.

Thank you for bring this to my attention. I am sorry for clearly including an article on my blog that I had not thoroughly read myself.

No comments: