Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's Forever - Engraving your rings

It's time to order our wedding bands and I started thinking about what to have engraved on Joseph's. As usual, I took a casual poll at work of who's ring was engraved and with what. I was surprised by the number that weren't engraved and I was really surprised by the number of husbands that didn't remember what was on the ring. Several had to actually take off their rings to read it to me.

I have flipped and flopped on this quite a bit... sweet or funny or sweet & funny.

Here are some of my favorites....


You complete me (date)
I love you... Now put the ring back on!
Nothing else matters
It's me and you honey bunch
Lets grow old together
You are SO mine
Soulmates (date)
Do or do not, there is no try
I made a wish and you came true.
You’re the music!
I'm not done with you yet!
Mine, all mine!
My dream came true...
A lifetime is all that I need...
Wrapped around you forever
Resistance is Futile
Everything I've ever wanted
Home is where we are...
Forever isn’t long enough...
If removed, alarm will sound.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could put, "Lighting will strike if removed" or "Forever started 10-25-08".

Emily

Anonymous said...

My vote is for "Nothing else matters"

I love that one and is a good reminder of what's really important.

My mom and dad have on their rings:

Mom: ILY
Dad: ILYT

so sweet.

-Mundie

Redblur63 said...

Elizabeth,
I had this engraved in Bill's ring:

You know, don't you?

The first night we realized we were going to start dating, I sent him that text message. A bunch of us had gone out for dinner and a beer after work and he and I sat and talked for a couple of hours afterward. On my way home, I sent the text. About an hour later, I got one from him saying "Why yes, I think I do." My ring is too narrow (I have such stupid baby hands) to engrave ANYTHING in it, but his is perfect for my message. Find something that resonates with you both. Love is so wonderful. Good luck! Susan