Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wedding Night Booked!

Where to stay? Why does getting married require answers to so many questions? First it was Bridemaids dresses, then invitations, and last but not least... Shoes. During this whole time, I have also been considering where to stay on our wedding night. You would think this would be an easy decision. All you need is a decent hotel with clean sheets and no bugs, but for once... I will be arriving in a Wedding Dress! Not the day to plan on staying at the Hotel 6 or the Red Roof Inn.

You need a hotel with style, a grand entrance, valet parking, and close to the reception site. I have had several hotels in mind.

  1. The Madison - www.madisonhotelmemphis.com
  2. The Doubletree Downtown Memphis - http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/MEMDNDT-Doubletree-Hotel-Memphis-Downtown-Tennessee/index.do
  3. The Peabody - http://www.peabodymemphis.com/home.cfm
  4. The Inn at Hunt Phelan - http://huntphelan.com/

Well... some are now not available. All booked up and others have irritated me (no surprise here... Hunt Phelan!)

We have decided on the only one left - The Peabody!

An interesting fact: My maternal grandparents and my maternal great grandparents both spent their wedding nights at the Peabody! Both had wonderful marriages! I can only hope for the same.

Peabody here we come!

I decided to go with traditional my grandparent and my great-grandparents both spent their wedding night at the... (wait for it)... The Peabody!

No comments: