Saturday, March 22, 2008

Decorating Using Grapevine Wreaths

With the date picked in the fall and with almost chosen colors of Brown & Coral... Grapevine wreaths could definitely be an add element in decorating not just the doors of the church but the tables at the reception.

Brandon actually suggested the idea. I wanted to use lots of items from my yard and the yards of my neighbors in the decorations. The bouquets, of course, would be done by a florist.

I wanted to use the fall theme by using fall leaves, grasses, and evergreen leaves such as Magnolia. Magnolia leaves have such a vibrant green on one side with a deep brown furry side as well. Very fall-y!

The grapevine leaves will be used a bases for the arrangements. Two stacked on top of each other with moss filling in the gaps. The centers would hold the floral arrangements. We would also purchase additional flowers to fill in, but the majority of the plant life would come from my yard and those of my neighbors.

I think that adds something special to an already special day!

No comments: