Friday, July 4, 2008

Hot sauce for favors.... has she lost her mind?

Some of you might not know.... but... the Groom has a love of hot sauce. At first, I wasn't real sure how I felt about it. He has over 20 different bottles of hot sauce from all of the world made from all types of peppers! But seriously... it's hot sauce... Who am I to judge when I have added to his collection on occasion and well.... I do have a Barbie! So anyway....

At the engagement party, he even asked for me to set out a select few for placement on the table. He's very proud of his vast collection.
Anyway, given the love he has for hot sauce and the occasional viewing of "Ace of Cakes", I thought it would be rather fun to have his groom's cake be a 3 dimensional Tabasco Bottle. With a bit of searching, I did find a baker in town confident in her ability to handle the task.

During our interview, I made sure she understood I didn't want a sheet cake with a Tabasco bottle painted on it, but a cake shaped in the form of an actual Tabasco bottle! She loved the idea and is really excited to work on it.

It's not your typical groom's cake, but I think it will be great and big time fun!

This is definitely a secret so no telling the groom! And yes, I know I just put it on the net under my blog... but really seriously... do you think he actually reads this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should ask Dena where her hidden stash of Ardent Hot Sauce (circa 1994) is. LOL. sorry. couldn't help myself.

-Mundie

A Wedding and a Barbie said...

The "vintage" hot sauce is all gone, but for a bottle or two for historical reasons only. I finally had to pour out mine at home; afraid someone would use it and sue me!