Saturday, July 5, 2008

Teeth Whitening! Just another item to check off the list.

So I have been looking into Teeth Whitening and have found lots of information and probably even more dis-information on the subject. I finally found a few reliable sources and have come away with some opinions on the subject.


However, I am still confused on the "Celebrity Sexy Teeth". I have been tempted to purchase it (even with it's large price tag), but there are a ton of sites that have labeled it a Scam... but there are also a ton saying great things.... Better safe than sorry... I am going with Scam!


My thoughts...

Most sites have said that professional teeth-whitening is the way to go if you want dramatic, long-lasting results and convenience. It's the most expensive way to go as well... Please refer to the "you get what you pay for" slogan! I have had Zoom done... I didn't care for it and I didn't like the way it made me look like a used car salesman for a week or so. I also have lines in my teeth from medications I took as a child which are made very noticeable by Zoom bleaching. I agree it works great,but it's not for me.


Crest Whitestrips Premium and Classic win good reviews for over-the-counter effectiveness and convenience. I found pretty much everyone agreed these worked pretty well for what they are. It's reasonably priced and worth a try.


Crest Whiterstrips will be my first attempt. Hopefully, I will happy with the results. Some testers notice better results with overnight products that are left on the teeth longer, like Crest Night Effects.


Whitening chewing gums, like Trident White and Aquafresh Whitening Gum, may be an option if you already enjoy chewing gum, but they're not nearly as effective as bleaching agents. I am not really big on chewing gum, but if you are, these seems to be a no brainer.


Other sites recommended: GoSmile which is expensive, but testers like that the paint-on formula can get to areas that strips can’t reach. GoSmile has an advantage in that the gel does not have to be removed.


I will probably start my teeth whitening routine by August 1st.

No comments: