Saturday, July 5, 2008

Oh Almost Perfect Shoe... where are you?

We all know what my favorite bridal shoe is... see Christian Louboutin! But I haven't been able to find them. Evidently they are out of production, but I can't get these shoes out of my head! I have even gone as far as to setup a "Favorite Search" on eBay. Keep your fingers crossed, ladies.... I will need a little luck and a whole lot of cash!

Any way, I have also started my search for the almost perfect bridal shoe.

I have found a few contenders but none that had me pulling out the AmEx. I did love the Bridal shoe by Coloriffics - Sassy but classy as well.

The review on this particular shoe was pretty good. The heel is 2.5 inches which isn't too high. Too many days at Ardent has spoiled my feet when it comes to high heels. The price on this shoe is also very good at $75 including shipping (http://www.zappos.com/).
(**** UPDATE - I have added a close up picture of the heel with the bow and chrystals! What do you think... Likey or Hatey????)
I have a pair of shoes similar to these in black with no bow. My toes look cute in those so... you would think my toes would look cute in these as well. As some of you might know, I like to have a bit of support around my toes. If not, they tend to look like off ramps on 240! Not very bridal at all.

Tommie can attest to this. She got me to try on a pair of sandels with the singel strap around the big toe... Big Mistake!

Now here is a pair of shoes anyone would kill for - Jimmy Choos! Love the something blue chrystals. No... I didn't look at the price nor did I try to buy them... I am sure they will be as hard to find as the Louboutin's.
















Side Note: Promiscuous Bridal Shoes...
I am serious! This shoe is called Promiscuous! Talk about starting out on the wrong foot!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. I don't have any idea of what your dress looks like, but here's my two cents.

I found this great website and there are some really pretty shoes.

Link 1:

http://www.modelbride.com/category/008517.shtml

(check out blue tux "lily", "cece" and "ella")

Link 2:

http://www.modelbride.com/product/015394.shtml

(check out "superbow"...this might be over the top..depending on what kind of dress you have..but they are fabulous. Can't go wrong with stuart weitzman's)

Link 3: http://www.modelbride.com/product/014973.shtml

(cynthia Rowley..check out "shanabow".)

last link:

http://www.modelbride.com/product/016729.shtml

(check out "fifi kitty"..they are simple, but really pretty).

there are tons of really pretty shoes on this site.

Since you are an October bride, my vote is for a closed or peep toe shoe.

I still love those Louboutins..damn! ;)

Can't wait to see you.

-Mundie

A Wedding and a Barbie said...

Thanks for the links I checked them out. All worthy shoes! I have actually spent serious surfing time on modelbride.com.

My favorite of the suggestions are the Chynthia Rowley's... That's a lie! My favorite shoes are the Louboutin's!

But I do love the Chynthia Rowley line of Bridal shoes! Did you notice the sole of the shoe is powder blue? All of her bridal shoes have the blue shoes. Love that.

I also liked the Fifi Kitty and they were serious contentors, but I wasn't bowled over by the back of the shoe.

I loved the glitz of the Coloriffics (from original post). I should post a better link. You can't really get a good look at the back of the shoe which is awesome.

Here's the link:
http://www.coloriffics.com/coloriffics/Shop?DSP=30100&PCR=1:200:2010&IID=SIERRA

Anonymous said...

These shoes are hot

A Wedding and a Barbie said...

Hey foxyroxy! I checked out your site... You've got some great lookin shoes too. So many designers... so many shoes to buy! What is a girl to do?